BestCare is proud to be one of the longest-term providers in the Central Oregon region. We got our start in November of 1997, thanks to a partnership between Deschutes County, State of Oregon, St. Charles Medical Center and the Central Oregon District Hospital—and, as a result of the only other residential drug rehab center closing its doors.
Since 1997, we have grown from a modest, singular drug rehab center to offering residential and outpatient services in four cities and becoming the only Spanish-speaking alcohol and drug rehab facility in the state. We have helped thousands of people find the help they need in a caring and collaborative environment. And, we have remained true to our Business Code of Conduct, and our founding mission:
To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addictions and mental illness.
Establishing our Alcohol & Drug Rehab Facilities
Several key milestones contributed to BestCare becoming the respected rehab provider that we are today. We highlight them below:
- It was St. Charles who acquired the Negus Way property in Redmond, OR, on which one of our current residential treatment campuses resides. After a series of public meetings, the city of Redmond gave their permission for our alcohol and drug rehab facility.
- Through patience and perseverance, a partnership was formed with a variety of non-profit alcohol and drug rehab centers from around the state. This partnership was successful in garnering contracts and formulating the creation of the entity that is now BestCare.
- BestCare sought, and was granted in July of 2001, non-profit status for our drug rehab facilities. Shortly after, Rick Treleaven was named Executive Director and remains in this position today. Throughout his tenure, he has been the recipient of several state awards for his dedication and efforts in keeping BestCare a viable facility in our region.
- In late 2008, BestCare was asked by Klamath County to take over their county’s residential alcohol and drug rehab facility, which became a reality in mid-November of that year.
- In 2014, we completed the rigorous process of becoming CARF-Accredited, which places us among the best rehabilitation service providers and gives clients greater assurance in partnering with us.
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577