Accounting Specialist - Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in recruiting for a Full-Time Accounting Specialist.
General Duties: The Accounting Specialist will perform all accounts payable functions (the review and processing of all vendor invoices). Includes analytical and review work.
Title: Accounting Specialist
Program: Administrative Offices
Program Location: Redmond; requires travel throughout organization
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Employment Status: Full Time Regular
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- Oversight over all accounts payable functions including the review of all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment, ensuring compliance with company policy and promoting best practices.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms, ensuring no late fees or finance charges
- Process check requests according to company policy.
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain signatures for checks and distribute accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Review and enter all vendor invoices and contract obligations in a complete and timely manner
- Obtain appropriate authorizations and ensure accurate general ledger and program coding assigned
- Update and maintain vendor database including ensuring all W-9 information is current prior to disbursements
- Coordingate employee expense reimbursement through payroll system
- Account Receivable: Assisting with the billing and cash receipts process
- Backup and cross train on Payroll Specialist and Senior GL Accountant-specified transactions
- Participate in monthly and year-end operations including assisting in financial and variation analysis
- Assist with monthly close: perform monthly accruals, functional expense allocations, amortization of prepaid expenses as appropriate
- Maintain and update fixed asset detail schedules
- Maintain and update vendor contract database and ensure all contract amounts are established in the QuickBooks recurring transactions
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for all external annual reports in cluding annual audit, Form 990, Form 5500 and Form 1099 and interal reports
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Minimum 4-5 years recent accounting/Accounts Payable experience required
- Basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills
- Intermediate to Advance skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel ;
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with Quickbooks desired;
- Ability to type 60-65 wpm
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Thorough knowledge of applicable account payable/general ledger systems and procedures, including financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Outstanding prioritization skills and excellent attention to detail required;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required in fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Self-starter, demonstrating initiative and best practice approaches-solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to remain calm and flexible while working under pressure of tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication in a professional setting;
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse population of employees;
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality;
- Must be a team player and promote positive working relationships;
- Exhibit a sense of urgency in performance of work and assignments, as appropriate;
- Possess a strong proficiency and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and keep current with newly implemented developments and trends;
- Able and willing to travel between business locations, personal vehicle required.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work collaboratively with others.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Must have competency in using a computer for word-processing, data base and internet usage. Must be able to operate usual office equipment such as fax, telephone, and photocopy machine. Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress ina professional manner that meets the standard for professional employees in Central Oregon.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577