Facility Chef/Cook - Klamath Falls, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Redmond, Oregon is recruiting for a Part-time Facility Chef to prepare healthy meals for individuals at our residential program! If you are a self-starter interested in a fulfilling, positive work environment where you can innovatively create your own weekly menu then this will be a great opportunity for you to put your skills to the test!
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Extensive chef/cook experience, providing meals for large groups.
- Ability to coach people on healthy eating habits
- Strong commitment to the highest standards of quality
- The experience to contribute to a program that delivers excellent service and reflects the skills needed to achieve the goals of the organization
What we provide:
- Competitive wages - depending on experience
- Employer is committed to a slower paced, positive work environment which provides life balance opportunities
- Paid time off for a work schedule over 20 hours a week
- Generous 403 (b) retirement program option
General Duties: Provides necessary services to ensure that clients have nutritious and balanced meals while they are staying at the residential program. Provide meals using fresh, seasonal ingredients. The Facility Chef must be committed to the mission of the agency and furthering that mission in the community. Must understand and fully adhere to the BCTS Ethics Statement and company policies. The Facility Chef is also responsible for following proper and efficient food handler’s practices.
- Reports to: Program Director
- Employees Supervised: None
Education / Licensure: Degree or certification from an accredited culinary program (preferred), Food Handler’s Safety
- Manage and account for food inventory, purchase, and budget
- Ability to plan all meals at least a week in advance
- Be responsible for all kitchen facilities, sanitation, care and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure all health guidelines and standards are observed
- Prepare three nutritious, balanced, from scratch meals per day, using seasonal and local ingredients
- Keep all cooking and food preparation areas clean and sanitary
- Manage client food & beverage rules and guidelines
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all clients who are receiving services at this facility
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Have knowledge, skills, and abilities demonstrating competence in the following essential job functions: experience in the preparation of food, purchase of food and food related items (e.g. spices, protective wraps) and the planning of nutritious balanced menus.
Responsible for following proper kitchen and food handling sanitation guidelines to ensure the safety of the clients and staff. Must possess a current County Food Handler’s License. License will be renewed and kept current at all times.
Have the ability to work independently and also have the skills to be a team player. Must have the ability to get along with co-workers. Possess the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service. Use good customer service skills with the clients or family members seeking help from our program. Be compassionate and caring in performing the job duties.
Tools and Equipment Used:
The Facility Chef will be expected to be familiar with and competent in the use of all kitchen equipment and utensils including stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, and any utensils and other equipment used in the proper preparation of food.
The physical demands inherent in this position are representative of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, to stand, walk, and use their hands to operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to talk and to hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to (25) twenty-five pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Klamath County.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three supervisory references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577