Residential Aide - Redmond, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services in Redmond, Oregon is currently recruiting for a full-time Residential Aide.
Primary duties include working with clients and staff at our Residential Treatment program to provide assistance and support services. Advocates for excellent patient care within BestCare Treatment Services facilities.
Prior healthcare experience preferred. Must have strong client engagement skills, be highly collaborative, and compassionate toward individuals with mental illness and substance abuse disorders. The hourly salary range is $12.00+ per hour, depending on experience.
- Reports to: Residential Program Supervisor & Director
- Employees Supervised: None
- Work closely with other staff as a member of a treatment team.
- Take and record vital client’s signs at the appropriate, designated intervals.
- Monitor detoxification symptoms and perform CIWAA (Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment) scoring.
- Administer and document medications under the direction of the Medical Director.
- Complete initial intakes as requested by Intake Coordinator.
- Maintain cleanliness of the medication area.
- Work with the treatment team to maintain a healthy treatment milieu.
- Maintain accurate and confidential documentation in client files.
- Answer phones and complete filing.
- Transport residents to medical appointments, self-help groups, etc., if needed/as needed
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Director.
Have the training, knowledge and or experience demonstrating competence in the treatment of the disease of addiction, including the management of withdrawal; client evaluations; motivational counseling techniques; and the taking and recording of vital signs.
Within six weeks of employment, must be currently certified or in the process of certification in first aid methods including cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and or from other drug addiction, they must have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
Tools and Equipment used:
Blood pressure machines, digital and manual, computer, fax machine, copy machine and telephone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Deschutes County.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577