LICENSED CLINCIAL SOCIAL WORKER (LCSW) -- Madras, Oregon
BestCareTreatment Services, Inc. is a not-for-profit behavioral health treatment organization located in beautiful Central Oregon (Bend, Redmond and surrounding areas). It is hard to resist the allure of the majestic Cascade Mountains, the rushing Deschutes River, and over 300 days of sunshine a year. Central Oregon offers a healthy lifestyle, a vibrant community spirit, and a year round unique combination of outdoor recreation
We began our mission; “To advocate and provide compassionate care in the treatment and prevention of addiction and mental health”, in 1997. We serve the underserved, vulnerable and multi-cultural populations in central Oregon. BestCare Treatment Services, Inc. was chosen as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon in 2011 and again in 2015.
BestCare Treatment Services, Inc. is involved in creating a cutting edge position to provide integrated behavioral healthcare services in a person-centered primary care home and is seeking a compassionate, motivated and forward thinking Licensed Clinical Social Worker to fill this position. This person will act as an extension of the physician providing consultation on mental health and addiction, brief therapy intervention, referral and coordination of care, and psycho-education. Further, they will provide services to a diverse population across a lifespan as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
This is a Full-Time, exempt position which includes a robust benefit package and a competitive salary. Candidates who qualify may be eligible for a student loan forgiveness program.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Working with other members of the primary care team to assess, treat, and manage patients with chronic behavioral, physical and social conditions efficiently and effectively within an integrated behavioral healthcare model.
- Assisting in the development of patient care plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration through referrals and moment-to-moment consultation.
- Assisting in the execution of clinical assessments such as SBIRT.
- Educating patients, families, and clinical staff in techniques related to self-care.
- Using current evidence-based guidelines in creating diagnostic and treatment plans
Specific Skill and Knowledge include:
- Knowledge of methods around behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical, mental health and substance abuse conditions
- Ability to plan and provide psychological assessment and diagnosis in a primary care setting with brief psychotherapeutic interventions as needed.
- Advise and consult primary care providers and team members.
- Ability to triage and refer for specialty mental health services.
- Knowledge of general medical practice models and processes such as office procedures, medical records, health insurance, etc.
- Skilled in support group organization, facilitating, as well as educating.
- Ability to work as successful primary care team member.
- Ability to be comfortable in role as consultant and resident BH specialist.
- Ability to execute evidence-based brief interventions.
- Ability to design and implement clinical protocols for treatment of selected behavioral conditions.
- Ability to make quick and accurate assessments of behavioral health conditions.
- Interest in gathering, tracking and presenting outcome data.
- Expertise in trauma-informed, culturally sensitive substance abuse and mental health treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local and state resources.
- Must maintain the strictest confidentiality and understand the OAR’s
- Be able to work with patients from infancy to geriatrics.
- Comfortable with electronic medical records and charting.
- Flexible and able to assess and triage on-the-spot demands of medical staff.
- Ability to train and teach effective behavioral health interventions and integrated health model to medical practitioners.
- Minimum of current LCSW
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to make things happen in a complex environment
- Team player, collaborative and flexible style to achieve common goals
- Ability to work with and respect diverse cultural staff
- Dedicated to the mission of the organization
- Must get along with co-workers
Tools and Equipment Used:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, copy machine, telephone, projector, word, excel, outlook.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While preforming this job, the employee may be required to view a computer screen, type or use hands for 10-key function and sit for long periods of the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work environment is an office setting. The position requires the employee to dress in a manner that meets the standards for professional employees.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and three professional reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note only qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager.
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577