Full- Time, Temporary Office Assistant - Madras, Oregon
BestCare Treatment Services is currently accepting applications for a full-time, temporary Office Assistant for our Programa de Recuperacion, in Madras, Oregon.
The Office Assistant provides necessary services to administrative operation of the residential program and the administration front office. Will provide support to clinical and administrative staff. The Office Assistant needs to have a commitment to the mission of the agency and furthering that mission in the community. Must understand fully and adhere to the BCTS Ethics Statement. The Office Assistant is also responsible for following proper and efficient administrative and clerical practices. Must be willing to comply with the policies and practices of BCTS. This position is available immediately.
Title: Office Assistant
Program: Programa de Recuperacion
Program Location: Madras, Oregon
Supervisor: Program Director
Employment Status: Temporary Full-Time Regular
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Language: Bi-Lingual Spanish/English required, written and spoken
- Answer and route telephone calls, take and deliver messages, help clients when they come in to the office for help, or direct to the proper person to get the help they are seeking. All front desk responsibilities.
- Serve as first contact for clients. Greet clients courteously and professionally. Attend to appropriate requests of clients.
- Provide clerical support as assigned to include photocopying, managing charts, filing and data collection.
- Ensure the work area and files are organized, neat, clean and properly supplied. Order office supplies as needed. Keep supply log current.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of PHI and clinic information. Follow current HIPPA rules. The level of access to Protected Health Information (PHI) varies due to specific job responsibilities. To make reasonable efforts to limit PHI to the minimum necessary to accomplish the intended purpose of the use, disclosure or request of PHI.
- Create and maintain all clients’ files and verify all data is correct and complete. This includes information in the file and the database.
- Help prepare reports as assigned.
- Help keep office equipment in order and working. Call appropriate service provider when in need of repair or maintenance.
- Keep reception area and office clean and presentable.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail as directed.
- Filing as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Have knowledge, skills and abilities demonstrating competence in the following essential job functions: experience in data collection and computer skills necessary to perform this function. Able to answer phone courteously and efficiently. Take accurate phone messages and route to appropriate person. Possess effective communication skills and know how to work cooperatively in a team environment.
For individuals recovering from the disease of alcoholism and/or from other drug addiction, have maintained continuous sobriety for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
Have the ability to work independently and also have the skills to be a team player. Must have the ability to get along with co-workers. Possess the ability to network with all resources in order to provide the best customer service. Use good customer service skills with the clients or family members seeking help from our program.
Tools and Equipment Used: Must have competency in using a computer for word processing, database and internet usage. Must be able to operate usual office equipment such as fax, telephone and photocopy machine. Must have a current and valid driver’s license
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while preforming the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the employee to dress in a professional manner that meets the standards for professional employees in Central Oregon.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com
Are you or a loved one struggling with addiction?
Call us at 541.504.9577